Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kitchen scrubbies and dishcloths

A couple of months ago, I got on a cotton dishcloth kick...lol...I made dozens of dishcloths.  My favorite pattern (another free 1 from Lily) is a flower.  The original pattern was too big for my confort....sooooo....like I always do....I altered the pattern.  I love them.  I remember seeing how someone on Etsy (sorry I can't remember his/her name and can't find the item on Etsy any more) packaged several crochet dishcloths to make them look like a bouquet of flowers.  I thought it was an awesome idea...sooo....I did not mimic this other person's idea but I remembered what I like about it the most and ran with it, so to speak. 


During this process, I discovered crocheted pot scrubbies.  With yet another free pattern off the www (and a bit of alteration...lol), I added tulle crochet butterfly scrubbies.  The butterfly is attached to a wooden spoon and 1 large dishcloth/hotpad and 2 smaller dishcloths are arranged in a 2-cup measuring cup to look like 1 large flower.

I gave my mom the first scrubby.  She says it works great and is just the right size (about the size of an adult palm).

I made several of these with plans to sell them at the big craft show at Fort Cambell, KY, this fall.  They are all packed and ready to go...Plus they make great last-minute gifts.

Take care,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment