Thursday, February 3, 2011

Being "Mom" and recently finished crochet and loom knitting projects

My oldest son will be wearing his first real tie tomorrow...*sigh*...He's growing up so fast.  Up late tonight doing the "Mom" thing and hemming my oldest son's slacks for tomorrow.  I'm not the greatest seamstress but I can tackle a mean hem...lol

Recently, I discovered this cute little thing called the Knifty Knitter...I LOVE it!  I've seen it in the craft stores for years but always passed it up...Now, I'm addicted.  In addition to several hats (no pics, sorry), I made leg warmers for my 6-year-old daughter.  She loves them, especially the multicolored set.  I also made a furry scarf with the eyelash yarn.
(I warn all that my photography skills are sketchy at best.  Usually due to horrible lighting and taking pics late at night...lol)


It's sooooo easy.  You see results fast too.  I can knit a bit but I'm always dropping stitches or forgetting where I'm at...lol...so I gave it up...but the loom knitting has been a joy.

I found this cute free Irish hat pattern online.  My daughter begged me to make it for her.

I also made a dog sweater for a friend of mine.  I need to get a pic of it on her dog.  It will probably look cuter than lying flat on my table.

I have been crocheting up a storm lately and have more but will save those for another day.

Y'all take care and God bless,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment